We will be updating this page regularly with any changes to our policy, terms or essential information. By purchasing a ticket you agree to have read the terms below. Please feel free to ask us any questions via the contact form at the bottom of the page.
People should NOT attend if someone in their household has been unwell with COVID in the last 14 days
Medicine is pleased to announce that our event is going ahead as originally planned on the 27th – 31st August, but with a reduced capacity of 600 people.
Supported by West Berkshire Licensing Authority, Public Health England and the Department of Culture Media and Sport, we are delighted to have the opportunity to showcase how outdoor festivals can take place safely. To ensure that our guests are COVID safe, there will be screening at the gate, social distancing at the event and track and trace as follow up. In a year when events and gatherings have been cancelled and the industry struggling, we feel this will be a much needed tonic to both an empty calendar of events and the subsequent lockdown.
Medicine is a non-alcoholic event taking place entirely outdoors in acres of parkland. Medicine unites ancestral wisdom, art, wellbeing, future thinking, food, environmentalism, spirituality, music, dance, performance and creativity, to encourage people to reimagine the concept of ‘medicine’ for both the planet and ourselves.
Tickets are now on sale for this inaugural family-friendly, alcohol-free gathering. The team behind the event have carefully curated a place for people to heal and to be part of a community, to learn, reconnect with nature, and leave with hope for the future.
Terms & Conditions
By buying a ticket to Medicine you agree to:
- Only come if you are feeling healthy and well, and have not been experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19
- Only come if you do not have someone vulnerable in your household or social bubble (the group of people with whom you have close physical contact)
- Only come if you do not have someone who is isolating in your household or social bubble
- Allow your contact details to be held by Medicine Events C.I.C for 21 days for the purpose of COVID-19 Track and Trace
- Abide by Government guidelines current at the time of the event (27th-31st August) with regards to public behaviour around COVID-19 (social distancing etc)
- Abide by the House Rules outlined in the FAQs on the Medicine website
- Not bring or consume alcohol on site
- If you have experienced any COVID Symptoms you should self isolate for 10 days
- Will there be social distancing at Medicine?
Yes there will be. The transmission of COVID-19 can be airborne which is why the Government has provided social distancing guidelines. Being aware of and maintaining proper social distancing throughout the event is a crucial aspect of keeping the event safe. Please keep 2m+ apart from other people throughout the event (aside from those in your social bubble).
- What is your policy on face-masks?
We are requesting that the public wear face masks if engaged in any activity related to movement and in close proximity to other individuals (less than 2m). Please carry your face mask with you at all times.
- What is the process of arrival on site?
When you arrive, you will be directed toward the Box Office where your tickets will be scanned and you will pick up your wristband/s. You will then be directed to park and then guided to the relevant campsite to set up your camping area. You will then be able to access the event site if you have your wristband.
- Can I sing?
Government policy has advised limiting singing and shouting where possible, so please be respectful of others in your actions
- How will food be served?
Food will be served on disposable and compostable packaging which will then be disposed of according to our Waste and Sustainability Policy.
- Should I bring cash onsite?
We will have electronic payment systems on site to avoid the need for passing money and we encourage card payments where possible.
- How will I set up my campsite?
Please ensure that you are at least 2m in every direction away from any other tent or live-in vehicle. If in doubt please ask the campsite stewards.
- How close to others am I allowed to queue?
Please ensure that you are at least 2m away from anyone else in any queue (aside from those in your social bubble).
- What is your policy on Track and Trace?
We are required to hold your contact data for 21 days for the purposes of the Government Track and Trace team being able to isolate any outbreak. All data will be held within GDPR and Government guidelines. If you are contacted by the Track and Trace team, you may be asked who you spent time with during the event, so please bear that in mind during the festival.
- Will it be easy for me to wash my hands?
Yes, you will have ready access to hand sanitizer and/or hand-washing.
- I am high risk, can I come?
Unfortunately, we cannot admit anyone who is high risk to the event. For the definition of high risk please go to: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/whos-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/
- I live with someone who is high risk, can I come?
If you live with someone who is high risk we recommend that you don’t come to the event.
- I have been feeling ill, should I come?
Please do not come to the event if you are feeling ill. We recommend that you get a COVID-19 test immediately instead.
- I live with someone who is feeling ill, should I come?
COVID-19 is a highly transmissible illness, please don’t risk bringing it to the event if someone close to you, in your household, or who you have spent time with has symptoms
- Will there be testing on site?
We will not be taking tests on entry, but will have a COVID medical team on site to check your temperature should you feel you need it.
- How should I travel to Medicine Festival?
Please try not to come by public transport. It will be much better if you drive or cycle. If you do need to take public transport please ensure social distancing and wear a face mask.
- If I feel ill with COVID symptoms during the event what should I do?
If you have COVID-19 symptoms please go to our COVID isolation area to be assessed – you may have to go home and isolate.
- Can I dance as normal?
There will be plenty of space to dance, but please social distance with those not in your social bubble, and wear a face mask.
- How do I ensure my children are safe?
Any adult with children is responsible for their own children including ensuring adequate social distancing and that they regularly wash their hands.
- Can I touch and feel different products in the Markets area?
Please only touch something if you are going to buy it and take it away.