Medicine is guided by regenerative principles – we aim to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills as far as possible, to work in harmony with the land, and to educate people on how we can live with a smaller environmental footprint on the earth.
Our sustainability steps include:
- Banning the use of single-use plastics.
- Making the event carbon neutral with our offset partner UCaptue – Find out more
- Carbon offsetting ticket sales through The Ticket Sellers.
- We work with Flame UK to process our waste, which is a zero waste to landfill certified organisation.
- Working with TentShare to rent and hire tents – reducing waste and lightening your load.
- Stainless steel bottles are available to buy and re-use.
- Traders are only allowed to use compostable service ware instead of single-use disposables.
- Water fill-up stations are positioned around the site to fill up your water bottle free of charge.
- We encourage car-sharing to dissuade unnecessary car usage.
- Our hands-on activities are centered around teaching all ages how to tread more lightly on the earth.
- We have banned the use of any chemical/non-ecological substances for cleaning.
- We are partnering with organisations that are working to protect and regenerate the environment and local ecosystems.
- The talks cover a range of sustainability issues and promote solution-based enquiry.
- We are always exploring ways to reduce reliance on diesel for our power needs.