Medicine is guided by regenerative principles – we aim to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill as far as possible, to work in harmony with the land and to educate people on how we can live with a smaller environmental footprint on the earth. Community projects will be instigated around work with nature – how we can regenerate and rewild both our urban and rural landscapes. The festival site itself is owned by one of the festival’s founders and as a result we can build and restore the land year round with the help of the Medicine Community.
Medicine is all about creating greater harmony between the human species and the planet with as light a footprint as possible. Our sustainability steps include:
- Banning the use of single use plastics.
- Making the event carbon neautral with our offset partner UCaptue – Find out more
- Stainless steel bottles will be available to buy and re-use.
- Traders will only use compostable service ware instead of single-use disposables.
- Filtered water fill-up stations will be positioned around the site to fill up your water bottle free of charge.
- We encourage car-sharing to dissuade unnecessary car usage.
- Our hands-on activities are centred around teaching all ages how to tread more lightly on the earth.
- We have banned the use of any chemical/non-ecological substances for cleaning.
- We are partnering with organisations who are working to protect and regenerate the environment and local ecosystems.
- The talks will cover a range of sustainability issues and promote solution based enquiry.